Choose the Hampton Roads childbirth class that best meets your needs.
Group Class | $275
Our group series is perfect for those who enjoy a group learning environment and while being thoroughly prepared to embark on their birth journey. If creating relationships with other expectant parents is important to you, then this is the series for you. This class includes 12.5 hours of instruction over the course of 5 classes. This series is approved for the Midwifery center at Bon Secours Depaul Medical Center.
Location: Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center, Norfolk, VA
Time: Mondays 6:30-9:00 pm
-January 8, 15, 22, 29, February, 5, 2018
-March 5, 19, 26, April 2, April 9, 2018 (Please note: No class March 12)
-April 23, 30, May 7, 14, 21, 2018 | Mondays 6:30-9:00 pm
-June 18, 25, July 2, 9, 16, 2018 | Mondays 6:30-9:00 pm
-September 3, 10, 17, 24, October 1, 2018 | Mondays 6:30-9:00 pm
Private Class | $375
Our private class is perfect for those who want to take a childbirth class but find it difficult to commit to a scheduled group class or for those who would just prefer one-on-one time with our educator. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to take the class you want, when you want it, in the comfort of your own home. The private series includes 5 hours of instruction in 1 class.
Schedule this intensive class on the day that works best for you. You’ll have the ability to work with your instructor to customize the curriculum to ensure the topics that are most important to you are covered.
The curriculum for the private class is the same curriculum as the group class. You won’t miss out on any information!
- Stages of labor and how to navigate through each one
- Labor positions & coping techniques
- Emotions of pregnancy and labor
- Information on possible complications
- Role of the partner in labor
- Doula support for labor and postpartum period
- Types of birth
- Knowing when to go to the hospital/call care provider
- Knowledge of commonly used medical procedures during pregnancy, labor, & birth
- Nutrition and exercise
- Newborn procedures and care
- Infant feeding
- Postpartum care (physical & emotional)
- Other related information and resources
- Expert guests speaking on various topics